October 4th marked 5 years since Dad passed away. I can't believe 5 years have already past. Last night we read "Jubals Wish" as a family and listened to the cd of Dad reading it to all of his grandchildren. It was good to remember him and the wonderful Dad that he was. There are lots of great memories but these are just a few that I always remember. When we were little dad would always take us up the mountain and go sledding down the windy roads. He was always up really early on Sunday mornings writing in his journal and he would always be whistling. (I really didn't like the whisting becuase it was so early). "plie"- that always make me laugh. He always wrote us a birthday letter and those will always be very cherised. Whenever we went on family vacations we would put the seats down in the back of the suburban and all play Rook. Dad was always great at Rook. The Christmas we got him Rook he taught us how to play and we played it all day. It is now a family favorite. When we would go visit G-ma Flo, we would see if we could get there without hitting any red lights (there were alot of stop lights along the way). Sometimes we would coast for a long time so we didn't have to stop, It was always fun. Whenever we were in the car waiting for mom to run into the store or camping I remember always singing the song:
Happiness runs in a circular motion.
Life is like a little boat upon the sea.
All our souls are deeper than any sea.
You can be happy if you let your self be!
I am so grateful that I was raised by such wonderful parents who taught me the gospel and helped me gain a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ, and for the wonderful examples that they were. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that families can be together forever and that I will be able to see him again. I couldn't ask for more!
2 comments:
Sounds like you have a lot of great memories with your Dad. Keep them close to your heart and I'm sure that they'll stay with you forever.
Ok, I am laughing out loud. That is Dad alright. One of Mikes first memories of Dad is at Keith & Audra's wedding when he sang the Happiness Runs in a Circular Motion while driving along the cliffs edge on the way to the beach. He sure knew how to lighten the mood.
Post a Comment