
About 1 year ago we came across Dave Ramsey's book The Total Money Makeover. I was really hesitant to read it because I thought our way of managing money was going just fine. Well, we fell in love with the book did exactly what it said, and on Friday the 13th we payed our last payment, and are DEBT FREE!!!! (not to mention a 3 month emergency fund...thanks to tax returns!) YEAH!!!School, car, and everything. It feels soooo good! We just want to keep jumping up and down! In fact we got out of debt 2 months earlier than our anticipated date. Of course gifts, tax returns, and raises have helped, but we are most greatful for the abundance and many blessings that the Lord has blessed us with. When we follow the prophets we are blessed greatly, and we have seen that first hand by paying our tithing and getting out of debt. The Total Money Makeover follows what the prophets have told us, it just goes into more detail and lays it out so you can have a step by step plan. Dave's motto is "Live like no one else, so later you can live like no one else." We have had to keep telling ourselves this the past year, but it has been so worth it to sacrifice, so later we CAN live like no one else. We still have a ways to go to have achomplish everything that Dave says, but we are on our way and.. AHHHH It feels soooo GOOD!! Anyone can do it, no matter how much you make. GO Get the book. It has been the best investment we have ever made and it can change your life, not to mention it's a good read!
6 comments:
Can we get a loan? JK:) That is awesome. You are a great example. I'll have to get the book.
Ok as soon as I read your blog I ordered the book! I am excited! Thanks and I am proud of y'all
Rock on! Not many people can say they're debt free at our age. I'd be interested to read one day.
Congratulations.. It was fun celebrating with you and sharing those yummy Iceburg shakes.
Keep up the good work !!
Congratulations that is fantastic!!! We are Dave Ramsey fans as well!!! Keep up the good work. Your kids are so cute!!
Allen is reading the book and he loves it. Thanks for letting us borrow the book.
Post a Comment